Grants through this EPA competition will fund two-year Pollution Prevention assistance agreements for projects that provide technical assistance (e.g., information, training, tools) to businesses and their facilities to help them develop and adopt source reduction practices (also known as “pollution prevention” or “P2”). Proposal deadline extended to: April 30, 2020.
The Solid Waste Alternatives Program (SWAP) works to reduce the amount of solid waste generated and landfilled in Iowa. Through a competitive process, financial assistance is available for a variety of projects, including source reduction, recycling and education.
Any unit of local government, public or private group or individual is eligible to apply.
Funds can be used for such items as:
- Waste reduction equipment and installation
- Recycling, collection, processing, or hauling equipment (including installation)
- Development, printing and distribution of educational materials
- Planning and implementation of educational forums, workshops, etc.
- Purchase and installation of recycled content products
- Salaries directly related to implementation and operation of the project
Proposal deadlines: 4:00 PM on January 2 and July 1.
Keep Iowa Beautiful empowers Iowans to bring cultural and economic vitality into communities through a variety of enhancement programs.