Deadline to apply: December 31, 2018
The Solid Waste Management (SWM) Grant Program has been established to assist communities through free technical assistance and/or training provided by the grant recipients. Qualified organizations will receive SWM grant funds to reduce or eliminate pollution of water resources in rural areas, and improve planning and management of solid waste sites in rural areas.
The Solid Waste Alternatives Program (SWAP) works to reduce the amount of solid waste generated and landfilled in Iowa. Through a competitive process, financial assistance is available for a variety of projects, including source reduction, recycling and education.
Any unit of local government, public or private group or individual is eligible to apply.
Funds can be used for such items as:
- Waste reduction equipment and installation
- Recycling, collection, processing, or hauling equipment (including installation)
- Development, printing and distribution of educational materials
- Planning and implementation of educational forums, workshops, etc.
- Purchase and installation of recycled content products
- Salaries directly related to implementation and operation of the project
Keep Iowa Beautiful empowers Iowans to bring cultural and economic vitality into communities through a variety of enhancement programs.